Monday 28 March 2016

Ten Questions with...Justin Eade

Justin currently runs OHMO Entertainment, a theatre and film production company based in Norwich. He also serves as Artistic Director for Joan Brink Theatre Company, Director for Actor Screen UK, Assistant Director of Slow Theatre Company, Acting Teacher at Slow Theatre Company and Sense Theatre, & Project Manager at Tangram Theatre Company.
Justin credits includes work in theatre, radio, film and The BBC as an actor, producer, director, production manager, & casting director.

Check out OHMO here: OHMO Entertainment
1. Hi Justin, what have you just done?
Everything is going on at once this year, so none of my 2016 projects are at completion right now, but I am currently in a number of very exciting things.
2. You run a number of organisations: what are the reasons behind your creative projects?
I can't remember a time I haven't been involved in the arts. Even from a very young age, I was attending acting classes. My biggest passion in life is the arts. I always have a good reason behind each individual project.
3: What are the most important attributes for someone working professionally in the arts?
Genuine passion for what one does. If there's no passion behind the craft it's not true art, and people like me can see right through that.
4: There is a lot of debate about pay vs. no pay, passion versus payment etc...what are your thoughts on being paid for your art?
I believe that generally actors and all artists should be paid for their work. It is a skilled craft, and should be recognised as so. I'd sat on the odd occasion, volunteering your skills can be acceptable, as long as it's for good reasons. Unfortunately there are alot of people who think it's fine to take advantage of actors free labour, nor recognising it's how they are trying to make a living. You would not ask a builder, a taxi or any other profession to work for free, so that should be the case for actors too.
5: Who is your favourite artist and why?
The late Alan Rickman. Sadly the arts industry lost an incredible actor this year, but my main reason is that Alan Rickman was such a great spokesman for Actors.
6: Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I try to keep a five year plan so I have a very good idea where I will be in 5 years time. I do have a very ambitious musical planned for then, but all is hush hush for now haha.
7: What is your favourite place in Norfolk?
I think that may have to be Cromer in the summer. I'm not sure what it is about Cromer. Sitting on the pier some chips watching the sea moving in and out, just feels relaxing.
8: How do you relax of an evening after a hard day?
Reading or watching a good film.
9: Dog or cat?
Whilst I am a big animal lover all round, I will have to say Dog. I have a Jack Russell called Jake and a cuddle with him would also be a good answer to the previous question.
10: And finally, what is next for you?
I have a few projects lined up. In August I will be producing a film based on the Burston School Strike of 1914. I am project managing a theatre tour called Bex & Rex in the Beastly Brecks over the next few months. The next big project for me is a new national website aimed at actors. It will be an online resource for professional actors and will be a non profit venture. The site will launch next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment